The East Side Baptist Church of Macon, Georgia, established a Mission at Ivey, Georgia in the early part of 1950. During the months that Ivey was a mission, Rev. Stephen Krysalka, then a member at the East Side Church, preached at Ivey.
On May 7, 1950. This mission was constituted into the Ivey Baptist Church with Rev Roy Fincher, pastor of the East Side Baptist Church, serving as moderator and Thomas H. Holloway serving as clerk during the organizational meeting.
The Ivey Baptist church began that Sunday with 17 members. Four are living today:
1. John L. Brooks (deceased) (Lamar)
2. Charles Byington Jackson (living)
3. E. S. Youmans (deceased)
4. Mrs. E. S. Youmans (Sallie) (deceased)
5. Jessie Lee Jackson Korwin (living)
6. J. B. Youmans (James Bryant, Sr.) deceased
7. Mrs. J. B. Youmans (Flossie) (deceased)
8. V. P. Jackson (deceased)
9. Jessie L. Jackson (deceased) (Lamar)
10. O. L. Brooks (Orace Lamar – Red) (deceased)
11. Mrs. O.L. Brooks (Gladys) (deceased)
12. Ira S. Brooks (deceased)
13. Mrs. Ira Brooks (deceased)
14. Mrs. Mary Hardie Bills (living) (Thomasine)
It was agreed at that time that anyone who joined the church within 30 days after its constitution would also be considered a charter member of the church.
15. Willard Wood (05/10/50) (deceased)
16. Jimmy Wood (05/20/50) (living)
17. Mildred Wood (06/04/50) (Mrs. Willard Wood) (deceased)